THE PECOS AND NORTHERN TEXAS RAILWAY COMPANY
The Pecos and Northern Texas Railway Company was chartered on March 19, 1898, and operated from Amarillo through Canyon, Umbarger, Hereford, Friona, and Bovina to the Texas-New Mexico line at Farwell and Texico, a distance of ninety-five miles. In 1901, the P&NT and affiliated lines were acquired by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company. The P&NT continued to operate until December of 1948, when it was merged into the Panhandle & Santa Fe.